5 Tips from Pattie’s Place to Yours: How to Prevent Dry Winter Skin
Skin is our largest organ and is important to our health. Take good care of it!
- Moisturize after shower or bath. Use a cream vs a lotion for richer hydration content.
- Face moisturizers need to be used morning and evening. You may even want to use a night cream or dry oil at night if skin is very tight and dry.
- Use a humidifier in your home, carpets, drapes, furniture, all draw moisture out of the air.
- Use hand lotion and wear gloves or mittens. Cuticle oils or creams will keep nails and healthier and protected from hang nails and possible infection.
- Be careful with lip care products as some contain petroleum/glycols and will actually dry out your lips.